Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year - New Dress {Origami Tutorial}


I once sent out New Year's cards with an illustration of a frock on the front & I wrote inside, "Put on the new dress of the New Year!"  Kinda strange, I know, but it's sort of symbolic of a fresh start & today is the perfect time for such starts to happen.  Here's a simple nest feathering idea to remind you that each day is a fresh start & new beginning.  Carpe diem, sister, & seize that newness each & every day!

Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
-Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV


What You Need:
-any size square practice paper
-1 sheet of 12X12 scrapbook paper
-frame {11X14 fits it well - I found mine at the Dollar Tree}
-some kind of backing to place or mount the dress on {I used bookish wrapping paper, as you can see}

What You Do:
Follow the video tutorial I found on YouTube using your practice paper first.  Once you've got the hang of it, use your 12X12 scrapbook paper.  Then cut your mounting {background paper} to fit your frame.  Secure dress to mounting with a little tape, place in frame, hang on wall or wherever, & enjoy!  New beginnings are tres chic!



Happy New Year {With Love},
-Bess-

P.S.: This year I'm going to try to do something new, brave, &/or bold each day.  It's a 365 project for the entire year & I plan on journaling my experiences.  I'm not making any promises to myself; I'm just going to try.  

2 comments:

  1. What kind of 365 project are you going to be doing? I'm going to try a photography one...we'll see how it goes! Have you seen "Dead Poets Society"? I was wondering if that's where you got the carpe diem quote from. I love that movie! Also, I took you up on your suggestion to email you, but I haven't heard back; is the email on your sidebar still good? Let me know if you'd prefer not to email. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 365 project sounds like a great idea! I hate making New Year's resolutions (because I never keep them), but I'm going to try to read through the Bible this year.

    I love your new blog design! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)