Thursday, November 6, 2014

Currently {November}

+Looking forward to celebrating my b-day more this weekend!  28 years, man!

+Creating tissue paper tassels & other Thanksgiving-y projects that I can't wait to share soon.  I've had a couple fails & made a few messes, but it's all good.

+Drinking Alka-Seltzer Plus trying to get over my second icky cold of autumn!

+Looking for a great classic {that I've never read} to dive into on this start of my 28th year.  Any suggestions?

+Loving the coziness of this season!  {You know what I mean?}

+Thankful that I live in a country where I can vote.

+Counting my blessings!  God is good!!!

+Listening to Sara Groves tunes.  I find her lyrics so thoughtful & real.

+Excited about the holiday season we're on the cusp of!  Giddy about it, really!

Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: What are you up to lately?

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! 28 is a great age. Some classics I finally got around to and loved in my late 20s: East of Eden, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Great Expectations.

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Anne! Thanks for the recommendations, too - I've read Great Expectations {loved it}, but I haven't read the other 2. Thanks again for hosting the link-up!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea alka-seltzer plus helps with colds! Where have I been? I loved the book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn that Anne mentioned, and the author of that book has a few others that were really great as well. And I listen to Sara Groves music from time to time to, it sort of soothes the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my 1st time trying Alka-Seltzer Plus, but it seems to be helping & it doesn't taste bad {which I thought it would}. Thanks for the recommendation, & yes love Sara Groves' soothing melodies {2 of my many favorites are "You Are the Sun" & "The Word"}! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I, too, am trying to get over a cold! Ugh, so miserable. I hope you feel better soon. Oh, and happy birthday!!!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)