Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Currently {January}


+Planning... for God's mysterious will to unfold {in everything, but particularly one area, too}.  Okay, so I can't really plan for it - in fact, it feels more like the polar opposite of plan: I'm surrendering.  Ah, & it feels so completely out of control, crazy, & yet so sweetly necessary & good.  God be with me.

+Hoping... to be brave in all things to God's glory.  As a reader reminded me, it is He who makes us brave.  Philippians 4:13!


+Baking... nothing, but eager to try out some recipes soon!  I've been trying to be the next Julia Child, & I've been waiting to start the cooking process until age 32, so as to be authentic to her story {I've got a few years yet}.  Just kidding / poor {yet inventive} excuse.  Anyone else watching MasterChef Junior?  Now those kids inspire me!


+Wearing... layers!  This arctic blast forecast is no joke!


+Resolving... to leave it in God's hands {& not to pick it back up in a daily yo-yo of trust & doubt}.  He is my God & I trust Him {that's written on my chalkboard currently}!


Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: What are you up to lately?

3 comments:

  1. love it. Thanks for these reminders. And I do hope to catch MasterChef juniors sometime...its never on when I'm searching for something to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - I guess that means in 2 years I finally become a good cook? Awesome :) Lots of layers here too... Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I love that Philippians scripture. So encouraging and it's exactly what I needed to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)