Thursday, September 13, 2012

I ❤ Thursday: Owl Always Love You

Yes, owls are a popular bird these days.  It seems trends do run on a circular track, bound to come around again at some point {if you just wait long enough}, as owls were popular in the 60s & 70s, too.  This makes it especially fabulous, as you can find the old hoot-callers at yard sales & thrift stores if you search enough.  
    
Fashionable Owls

Ruffled Feathers

Wise Old Owl


Always a Hoot

Household Owls
Owl Be Right Over

Owl Be Right Over II


Here's an owl from my very own apartment.  I found it for $3 at an antique mall {I think it's from around the 70s-80s}!  It was originally painted like a typical owl (brown/black/gray).  I took some white glossy spray paint to it & voila!  Instant modern update {sorta Anthropologie-inspired}!  My owl even plays music!  Turn it upside down, twist the knob, & he plays "Born Free!"  That & the sale price sold me on him!

Hoot Hoot!
-Bess-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)