Monday, September 10, 2012

Music Monday: "Free"



"Free" by Ginny Owens

This song isn't brand spanking new.  In fact, when I first heard it I would have been about 12!  The artist here, Ginny Owens, has an amazing story.  She's blind, & has been since she was 2.  This hasn't stopped her from living her dream.  She graduated college, snagged a record deal, & went on tour.  This song is one of my favorites from her.  In Christ, we are free - completely.

Here's some of my favorite lines from the song...

Turning molehills into mountains,
Making big deals out of small ones,
Bearing gifts as if they're burdens
This is how it's been.
Fear of coming out of my shell,
Too many things I can't do too well,
Afraid I'll try real hard and I'll fail -
This is how it's been.
Till the day You pounded on my heart's door,
And You shouted joyfully,
"You're not a slave anymore"


.....

My mind finds hard to believe
That You became humanity
And changed the course of history,
Because You loved me so.
And my heart cannot understand
Why You'd accept me as I am,
But You say You've always had a plan,
And that's all I need to know.
So when I am consumed by w
hat the world will say,
It's then You're singing to me,
As you remove my chains


As girls - especially as girls - we have this fear of what people will say or think about us.  Let it go!  We need to seek to please God & if the rest of the world abandons us for it, we still will have gained.  If the world accepts us, but God does not {because we did not accept Him}, then we have lost everything.  Be bold!  Do what God is leading you to do.  Remember, you are

"Free from worry, free from envy and denial
Free to live, free to give, free to smile."


Musical Love to You,
-Bess-

P.S.: Here's a Music Monday bonus!



"I Am" by Ginny Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)