Saturday, November 16, 2013

"Give Thanks" Bunting DIY


What are you thankful for this year?  I have something unexpected & new to be thankful for as of yesterday - I could hardly sleep last night!  {No, it's not a guy!} =)  I'll fill you in soon!  I'm actually excited, thankful, nervous, & a whole lot of scared!  Nothing like making stuff to calm your nerves, right?  Actually it may have keyed me up more...  Prayer is the best remedy I've found. 


I created this bunting using chipboard books {with a woven front} from Michael's {they were in the dollar section & I had to buy 2 to spell out all the letters in "THANKS"}, plus some acrylic paint {Apple Barrel brand via Walmart in Nutmeg Brown #20521}, a paintbrush, & some twine.


I free handed the word/letters, threaded twine through the holes, & used some skinny strips of duct tape to attach it to my pretty much non-existent {though I'm good at pretending} mantle.  I love it!


Happy Thanksgiving,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how cute! And I can't wait to hear what you're so thankful for =)
    - Madison

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)