Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year + Prayer Request

Happy New Year: 2011

Happy New Year to all! My day has been filled with things not found on my list of New Year’s traditions, such as spending time in a hospital. It turns out my stepfather has a blood clot in his leg & many clots in both his lungs! It’s really a miracle he’s alive…& we’re all so thankful to God for that. The doctor thinks he’ll be fine, but he has to be careful & stay in the hospital until the medicine he’s being given helps get rid of the clots. Please remember he & my mom in prayer right now.

I have to say I hate hospitals…the smell, the feelings, & memories aren’t good. It’s very hard on my mom, too. It was 10 Christmases ago that we had to take my beloved father to the hospital on Christmas day…by late summer the next year, after months in intensive care, he went home to Jesus.


Thanks for your prayers right now! I’m gonna go relax & try to do some of the things I planned to do on this January 1st.


Love,
-Bess-


P.S.: I’ve got some special plans/announcements for the blog (& me=) this year!

P.P.S.: I told ya the blog would look different today! =)

6 comments:

  1. just prayed for them!! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Bess...I can understand how hard that is. Love you so much.
    -Amber-

    p.s. love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for them! Have a blessed day :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that! I will keep him in my prayers :)
    I hate hospitals too! I had to have an IV treatment for my headache a few days ago(you can read more about it on my blog) and I really don't want to go back! there's just something about hospitals that give me chills!

    hope you are having a great weekend!

    with love,
    Samarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your step father gets better soon, Bess! I love the new look!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)