Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Decorative Duct Tape Bible Recover

My Bible cover's gotten really worn over the years.  In fact, little specks of colored leather flake off at will.  The Bible was actually a Christmas gift from my mom over a decade ago in high school.  It's been well used & though the cover is rough, the inside Truths are still rock solid.  So, I decided to take some decorative duct tape I snagged at the Dollar Tree & fix it up.  I tried as best I could to let the design on the tape match up with each strip I applied + I was extra careful with the spine, edges, & corners.  I'm pleased with how it turned out! 

"A Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't."
-Charles Spurgeon

It's not always the case for me, but I pray the above is true more & more & more.  We are works in continual progress, & He is so gracious to me.

Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: I'm working through this Bible-in-a-year plan {above} that I started this month.  They say June's the new January, right?

P.P.S.: Have you ever used duct tape on a Bible or book or some other craft project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)