Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bookish Fashion Delight: Lucy in Narnia

In honor of the new Chronicles of Narnia film, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, & because I got this adorable (& large) plush lion for my nephew for Christmas + snow…



“Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.”
-C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe


“Every moment the patches of green grew bigger & the patches of snow grew smaller…more & more of the trees shook off their robes of snow.  Soon, wherever you looked, instead of white shapes you saw the dark green of firs…” –C.S. Lewis, The Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe


What I’ve Donned…
-long fur coat --- vintage (yard sale (This coat was only a couple dollars!  I couldn't pass it up!)
-white oxford shirt --- French Toast (Target (I think this came from the kids' section.=))
-plaid dress --- Converse One Star (Target)
-black knee highs
-brown mary janes --- Earth Spirit (yard sale)

Bookish Love From Out the Wardrobe,
-Bess-
P.S.: My nephew was scared of Aslan!

P.P.S.: Am I crazy to dress up like this?  Part of me wonders! =)  I don't wear the ensemble out - just for the photo, but still...  I am crazy!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's crazy! I love the outfit. :) And I love Narnia.

    (This is the girl who used to climb inside her closet and push against the back wall, hoping to stumble into Narnia. :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I hope to this year, sometime when the months are so dull, to host a Narnian inspired event.
    Hope you are having a wonderful day, my dear sister!
    Keeping you in my prayers, and love you lots!
    ~Grace~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're crazy awesome! You look just like Lucy! I LOVE this outfit, girly! And that lion is so cute.
    I still have to read the books before I watch the 3rd movie =) Have you read the books yet?
    Love you lots!
    -Amber-

    p.s. I love the 2nd picture of you bending down to touch Aslan! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *squeals* You did look just like Lucy!!! And you have a VERY nice Aslan right there. :)

    Blessings,
    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)