Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bess' Travel Diaries: England + Wales, Part 2

Windermere {The Lake District}

Dear Diary,

Today I traveled to Windermere - nestled in the heart of the English Lake District.  Quite a trek from my little town in Wales!  I had to catch a train at 6:25 in the morning just to get there by 11 something in the afternoon...but I couldn't visit Britain & miss out on the chance to see Beatrix Potter's Hill Top Farm home!

P.S.: I met a lovely Japanese girl named Shiho on the boat {I took a boat ride then bus (& back again) to visit Hill Top} who loved children's literature as I do!  Shiho is an artist who wishes to create children's books.  I'm so glad to meet a friend so far from home.

P.P.S.: I chatted with a Scottish man, too, who kindly gave me a pound for the bus when I couldn't find one.  Oh, how I do love Scotland & am sorry I couldn't make it there on this journey!     


Lake Windermere


a beautiful swan {+ a mallard duck in the right corner}


so picturesque


the view from Hill Top's garden


old British rose found in the beautiful garden out in front of Beatrix's farm home


foxglove {also known as Digitalis}


the perfect sight outside the garden {these rabbits were actually fenced in, but I saw droves of wild bunnies all over the English & Welsh countryside}


part of The World of Beatrix Potter Attraction {sadly I didn't have enough time to tour the exhibit, but I visited the gift shop where I took this photo (click here to learn more)} 


click here for more on Hill Top Farm



Love,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. How lovely! I'm a fan of Beatrix Potter and I've wanted to go to Hill Top Farm ever since I first saw "Miss Potter." :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)