Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bess' Travel Diaries: England + Wales, Part 3

Didcot

Dear Diary,
I’ve arrived in Didcot, England at long last.  I’m staying in a cozy little B&B that, alas, doesn’t believe in the necessity of locks on a guest’s room door.  Hey, I can improvise: I prop a chair in front of my door each night…a girl traveling alone can’t be too careful...

B&B {above & below}



East Hagbourne - a sort of medieval hamlet a stroll down the road from my B&B 


quaint thatched roof


a very British scarecrow indeed


hollyhocks in bloom


a path I took


an old church


it may seem odd, but I love exploring a graveyard...


so much history + they make you think


ivy & stone


a shadowy path that I traversed, but quickly ran back from...very muddy & slightly creepy


a lush golden field in Didcot


sea of grass =)

More images of East Hagbourne...



It was from Didcot that I traveled to London {about a 45 minute train ride depending on the number of stops}.  Here's a vid of the train journey I took more than once leaving London's Paddington Station back to my B&B in Didcot.  Ah, I remember it well...

P.S.: It's a long video, so just take a mere peek!



Love & Adventure,
-Bess-

2 comments:

  1. Awww! How fun! I love all the pictures, Bess.

    Love you,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Sounds fun!
    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)