Sunday, February 21, 2010

The "Little Women of 2010 Literary Challenge" Is Officially Open!


I’m a true Louisa May Alcott fan! Her sweet characters & stories just make me smile! There is something timeless & pure in her words – a rare ingredient, indeed, today. Of course, I definitely recommend reading Little Women (if you haven’t) – it’s one of my favorites!
When I found out that Rebecca was hosting a Little Women event on her blog (“A Young Lady’s Blog”), I got truly excited! Be sure to visit (if you haven’t) & see what it’s all about (click the Little Women 2010 button on my sidebar)! And, Rebecca, thanks so much for creating & hosting this event! QUICK NOTE: You have until Sat., Feb. 27th @ 11:59 PM to enter into any of the 5 categories (you can enter as many categories as you like)!

-RANDOM INFO-
*Louisa May Alcott’s Birthday: November 29, 1832
*Little Women – 1st published as 2 volumes in 1868 & then as 1 volume in 1880!
*Favorite/Most Like: Jo
*Favorite Film Version: Little Women (1949; with June Allyson, Janet Leigh, Margaret O’Brien, & Elizabeth Taylor) – When I 1st saw this version I watched it twice in 1 sitting! (Little Women (1994; with Winona Ryder) is a close 2nd)

I must admit that I had not read the original book until a couple of years ago. When I did I was so inspired (or maybe crazy’s a better word), that I created replicas of the sisters’ “Pickwick Portfolio” & the letter accompanying Beth’s piano (given by Mr. Laurence) – either way, you can tell this book was truly important to me.
I’ve got more Little Women posts to come – (including my entries) so be sure to stop back by! Oh, & be sure to cast your vote in the Girl Talk Poll, Special Edition!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)