Monday, August 16, 2010

10 Days of Missing My Gal Pals

Okay, so I haven’t been on here in a million trillion years…well, not exactly - 10 days to be exact, but it’s felt like forever. I survived my first week at my new job. It’s been one of the most stressful & hard weeks in a long time…& I know there’s more (tons) of more hard work ahead. I’ve got to keep my hand in my Father’s strong & perfect one. My little hand that shakes with fear, tightens with worry, & is too often dirty with sin fits somehow perfectly in His. I’m so glad. But, I’ve got to make sure I don’t pull my hand away. He’ll never leave me or loosen His grasp, but I can twist, turn, & tug until I’m “free” & soon discover freedom from Him is where true fear lies…& manacles that bind me down, leaving me easy prey for watchful fiery dragons. As back-to-school time envelopes you with busy trips to purchase binders, No. 2’s, & graphing calculators, & the nervous back-to-school butterflies begin their annual migration to your insides, remember to hold on tight to the Father’s hand. He won’t let you go…


Love You Smart Girls,
-Bess-


P.S.: This life is SO tough.
P.P.S.: Watch out for fire breathing monsters! =) 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I was JUST (like we're talkin' literal here) browsing through your older posts (& missing you!) and then when I went back on to dashboard, you had just posted! (it said, "6 minutes ago").

    I am so glad to hear from you, Bess! I've praying for you & hoping things are well. I loved the analogy of our shaky dirty hands fitting perfectly in His. So sweet. Well, love ya & keep holdin' on!
    Much love to ya,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awhh! I've missed you too Bess! :) And by the way, I love your background and header!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been missing you so much, dear Bess, and am praying for you! Know that you are loved!!!:)
    Love ya lots, dear sister!
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear from you, Bess! I've missed you. And I'm glad your week went well :) Thank you for the encouragement, and praying for you.

    Annie

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)