Friday, December 21, 2012

Peppermint Pretties {A Tutorial}


I've seen these peppermint trays, etc. all over Pinterest & TV, so I thought, "This looks like a good excuse to finally turn on my oven!"  So, I did.  I used the recipe from here.


I found varying recipes with the oven degrees being 310 & 350, so I settled on 335, which worked well for my oven.


Using a metal cookie cutter you can create custom candy canes, gift add-ons, & even ornaments!  Be sure to wait about 30 seconds, after pulling the tray out of the oven, before using the cookie cutter.


I'll definitely be making more trays & other peppermint things soon!  

Merry Christmas,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. How cute!!!

    Just wanted to let you know that I sent a little something your way. ;) Hope you receive it safely - you can't be too sure about the postal service these days. *smile*

    Love ya,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)