Monday, June 24, 2013

Faux-Leather Hair Clips DIY {Inspired by "A Beautiful Mess"}


The other day, the uber-talented Elsie of "A Beautiful Mess" blog created a set of adorable leather hair clips {click here to see}.  I was especially taken with the dachshund one {see below}!  Then, I remembered my thrifted pleather-y, leather-like purse squares from back in this post & this post.  I still had extras! And with them... I created these!  {I couldn't resist adding the cute striped hair bow {above} I made from extra ribbon from my hat project!}



I free handed a dachshund shape to create my own template {using Elsie's hair clip as a reference}, & then cut mine out of my faux-leather stuff.  I actually cut out several {& messed up several}, before deciding that the very first one I cut out was best!  I used star & arrow images from the computer to create templates for my other two hair clips.  Alligator clips hot glued to the back of each design creates instant barrettes.



Here's my own beautiful mess from creating these!

Elsie & her sis, Emma, are two of the craftiest gals ever & I'm so glad they share their talents on "A Beautiful Mess"!

What kind of hair clip(s) would you make & who inspires you to craft?

Handmade Love,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Bess! It's Khloe Grace! I'm following your blog! It's lovely! I'd love it if you'd follow mine!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)