Sunday, June 9, 2013

Thrifting Files {Before & After Box}


I found this plain ordinary storage box at my local Goodwill store.


 Sometimes I wonder how they come up with their prices...  More often than not I usually think they're rather high {as far as thrift shops go}, but occasionally I'm pleasantly surprised.  The box, which is made by Rubbermaid & still had its original tags, was only $1.99!  Score!   


Remember when I shared my chevron striped plastic craft storage boxes?  Well, I decided I wanted this to fit in with those in my craft closet {of sorts}, which still has its messy shelves {along with the neat ones}.  I took some chevron wrapping paper I had from Target & cut out one zigzag stripe.  I then traced it onto some wall sticker material & cut it out.  Taking the two pieces I created when I made the cut, I fashioned my own stencil, added some black paint, &... Ta da!  A chevron striped craft storage box on the cheap!   


What projects are you working on?

Thrifty Love,
-Bess-

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I just met my future roommate (via Facebook)and she is the answer to my prayers! I feel so peaceful about my college decision and am learning to trust God with my future.

    Anyway, we have decided to get black and white chevron comforters for our beds and then use a bunch of bright colored pillows. I'll have to show her this idea! It would be fun to make some organizational boxes like yours.

    How's your summer going? I've been praying for you!

    P.S. I'm not currently working on any projects, but I just finished an india ink/watercolor portrait of a family from my church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! It turned out awesome! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)