Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last Minute Treats {Pumpkin Flavored Rice Krispies Squares}

If you've read Bess' Bag for awhile, you probably know I'm no cook.  I just don't seem to be gifted in that department {the kitchen department, that is}.  But, I'm working on it.  I just need practice.  Right?  Let's hope.  Today I was so excited because I made something... yes, it was in the microwave & there wasn't any real "cooking" to it, but it still counts! =) 

Pumpkin Rice Krispies Squares

{Takes about 5 minutes to make!}

I used the microwave recipe from here {the Rice Krispies official website}.

How'd I get them to taste like pumpkin, you ask?  Pumpkin flavored marshmallows, of course!  Now that it's autumn you should be able to find some pumpkin marshmallows {mine were even shaped like little pumpkins - made me sad to melt them} in your local grocery stores.



Before I melted down my sweet little pumpkins...


My finished product!  So satisfying!  I wished I had a pumpkin cookie cutter.


I placed the sticky squares in plastic baggies, then in these cute candy corn treat bags.  Would be adorable with the following verse on a tag...

"Taste & see that the LORD is good; 
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
-Psalm 34:8 NIV

Love & Sugar,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those look DELICIOUS! I want to try that!
    Happy Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)