Thursday, November 1, 2012

I ❤ Thursday: I ❤ November





{source - Pinterest}

"But there is always a November space after the leaves have fallen when she felt it was almost indecent to intrude on the woods… for their glory terrestrial had departed & their glory celestial of spirit & purity & whiteness had not yet come upon them.”
-L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Windy Poplars

Now Is November
Mystic November -
Like a threshold waiting to be crossed,
But lingered upon instead -
Soon the leaves will be covered in white,
Soon t'will be winter & snow.
One foot on each side - straddling life & weather.
Now is the in between -
Now is now -
Now is November.
- -Bess-

"November always seemed to me the Norway of the year."
- Emily Dickinson

"The wild November come at last
Beneath a veil of rain;
The night winds blows its folds aside,
Her face is full of pain.
The latest of her race, she takes
The Autumn's vacant throne:
She has but one short moon to live,
And she must live alone."
- Richard Henry Stoddard, November

"The thinnest yellow light of November is more warming and exhilarating than any wine they tell of. The mite which November contributes becomes equal in value to the bounty of July."
- Henry David Thoreau

November ❤,
-Bess-

1 comment:

  1. I can't say I love November, with the weather we usually have, but these are almost making me change my mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)