Monday, November 19, 2012

My Candlestick Pilgrim Girl

Yes, strange title, I know, but it is a strange item.  


I found this peculiar little candlestick holder at Goodwill.  It was strangely appealing, so I debated its purchase - however, not long, as it was something like .40 & then half off!  Then, I took my purchase home & thought about what I could do with it.  Since Thanksgiving is almost here, I decided to make it a little pilgrim girl.


I took a scrap of fabric, a bit of white eyelet, & a beeswax candle I'd had forever...


& created this!


Love the back detailing of her hair!


Strange I admit, but I thought I'd share this unusual mini project I did.

Thrifting Love,
-Bess-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)