Friday, March 22, 2013

Easter Resurrection Jar

When Jesus gave His life on the cross, willingly becoming the ultimate sacrifice for our sins for all time, He didn't stay in the grave.  He arose, alive again!  That's what Easter is all about... amazing indescribable love that couldn't stay contained in a tomb {or let us stay in our sins, far from God}.  I created this "resurrection jar" as a reminder.  You can make one, too!  Here's how... 
What You Need:
-jar
-twigs/sticks
-thread/twine
-purple fabric or ribbon scrap
-decorative moss &/or small stones
-glue
-scissors
-decorative tag {optional}
Break twigs or small sticks to create two pieces that will form your cross.  Tie your two pieces together with your thread or twine {you may want to add some glue first to make your cross more secure}.  Next, take your purple fabric or ribbon scrap & drape it over the cross {as shown above}, gluing it down to secure it.  Add moss & stones to the bottom of your jar & place your cross down into the moss, using the moss &/or stones to help it stand up.  Add a tag if you like with a special phrase {like He arose!, love, Happy Easter, etc.}.  Add your jar into your spring decor & remember God's love for us is beyond amazing!


Amazing Love,
-Bess-   

1 comment:

  1. Bess,
    Your comment on my blog made my day. :) Those verses are amazing. I think I'm going to write them on a notecard and tape them to my mirror.

    Sticking to my beliefs in college is something I'm nervous about. I hope I'll have the gumption to speak up about things that matter and the grace to do so with respect for others. The 123 evolution thing is such a great idea for reminding oneself about the truth. I recently got a book about evolution for Answers In Genesis. I'm going to try to read it before I go to college.

    Bess, you are truly my hero in so many ways. I admire your faith, your creativity, and your willingness to share your story. Thanks for using your voice to make a positive difference here on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)