Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Saturday Tutorial (Oh My!)



Happy last Saturday in October to all! Okay, so I know I missed this week’s Tuesday Tutorial [biting my lip in angst while I type]…but I had a good excuse – or many good excuses. You see, my mom had surgery on Monday (she’s doing pretty good – thanks so much to those who have prayed for her); I was sick all week with some horrible cold something or other, yet still trying to take care of her; at work I learned my position is changing into something new; & my oldest sister is struggling (please pray for her & all of us if you feel led to do so). So, you can see, I had my plate full [biting my lip less now & blowing a stray hair away from my face in frazzle-ment]. I thank God each night that He has gotten me through another day. But, thankfully =), today I am able to take a breather & craft with you… I love these times of sweet respite! Onward to the tutorial…


In my last posting I listed some of my favorite Bible verses dealing with fear…& more specifically the abolishment of fear. God’s Word is one of our greatest defenses against our struggles. It’s all true & all given to us by God. Wow! It’s quite amazing if you think about it…I mean really think about. What other book was provided by the Creator of the universe for His creations? Reading the Bible, memorizing verses, & having certain verses nearby & handy is a great way to combat the tough stuff of life, like fear. Today’s crafty [Saturday] tutorial is all about just that!


What You Need:
-computer/printer/printer ink (of course=) (or you could use markers, colored pencils, etc. to handwrite the Bible verse(s))
-this post or your Bible
-8 ½ X 11 scrapbook paper (you could use smaller-sized paper, but you’d need to adjust your printer & your typed words)
-frame (optional)


Directions:
Using the verses against fear from my previous post (or your Bible), choose one or more that really speak to you that you’d like to use in your picture. Copy & paste the verse(s) & personalize the font, size, & color (make sure the size will fit in your frame & that the color will show up well on your scrapbook paper). You may also want to type up the word(s) “fearless” and “courageous” in bold print on your paper. Print out, cut down to size, & place in your frame. Place somewhere that you’ll see it often, & remember God doesn’t want us to fear! With Him we don’t have to! I love that, now I just have to keep reminding myself with my Bible verse print.

Love & Courage from His Word,

-Bess-

6 comments:

  1. By the by =) I chose the "sparrow" verses for my creation (Matthew 10:29-31) + I used a sheet of bird themed scrapbook paper (my font is TallPaul). Click the picture to see it larger!

    Blessings,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Bess,
    I am glad that you have had a more relaxed day today, and that your mom is doing okay. I will be praying for her, and your sister as well!
    I love the Bible verse frame. God's Word is filled with so many encouraging thoughts, so you could get very creative!
    May the Lord bless you, my dear friend!

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great idea! I have a bunch of Bible verses - written in gold pen, on sparkly purple paper etc. - on my noticeboard, right next to things like photos and things my friends have made for me; it's my favourite possession by far! :)

    And I just noticed I'm on the Prayer Line...thank you so much! I'm doing much better this week, but I don't know how long that will last; when attacks come, they come without warning or reason, and quite severely. So every prayer is very much appreciated!

    God bless.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. And also, I'd like to explain the worry/anxiety thing. Anxiety - which I most likely have - is usually based on something completely silly (eg. a crowd, being somewhere that isn't home for more than a few hours such as uni), which then causes all sorts of irrational, loud voices in your head telling you that you should be terrified of said silly things. When this happens, I go very, very quiet, and usually feel a bit ill. There's nothing I can do to stop it at this stage except prayer and possibly decent counselling.

    Worry, on the other hand, is mostly doubting that a) God can provide for you and/or b) that He's in control. It's mostly based on rational thought and people can be talked out of it.

    So...the first one's an illness, the second one's just an unhelpful thing that can be avoided. I have the first.

    Sorry for the long comment, but I just wanted to explain my situation a bit; I still appreciate prayers! :)

    God bless.

    ps. Here's a handy link explaining depression: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=89
    And anxiety: http://www.beyondblue.org.au/index.aspx?link_id=90

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and refreshing blog!! Your walk with the Lord is a true encouragement to see! We are a little military family, and with moving around it is hard to make new friends, especially sisters in Christ. Keep up the good work and I'll be visitng your blog often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your comments! I love 'em! Welcome to "the girl," too - so happy to call you a Gal Pal!

    Love & Blessings,
    -Bess-

    P.S.: I suppose I really should have made this a tip & not a tutorial. Oh, well. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)