Sunday, October 3, 2010

"I'm Getting Closer"



Dear Father,


Please grant me the strength to take up my cross each day. My lips are so eager to complain. The enemy whispers loudly that my steps aren’t near “close” enough. Guide my feet & may they trod ever closer to You. This life gets so weary & lonesome, but let me continue my path through Your strength ever present in me. I look to You for each breath. I lean on You with each footstep. Forgive me for my complaints & for when I fall down & fall short. I know that You love me still & that Jesus’ blood covers my sins…every single one – big & small. Teach me to live in the light of redemption, not the shadows of guilt & shame. Help me to seek Your face daily & Your will until the moment You take me home…& I see that all that weary travel was well spent. I exalt Your Name because of who You are & Your unfathomable love, Father God.


In Jesus’ Sweet Name,
Amen.


Jesus speaking… “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself & take up his cross daily & follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.”
–Luke 9:23-24

It is easy in this life to feel as if your steps will never be enough, but this Christian journey is one we are on until the end - when our Father returns to take us home to be with Him in heaven.  So, we must keep going...never going far enough, but knowing that we are getting closer, even when His presence seems so distant & missing, it's not.  Some seasons are just that way, & each changing season has a purpose in our walk with Christ.  If we seek God with all our hearts & keep walking ahead, we most certainly will be getting closer.  This song is such a blessing to me, because I have felt far far off many times on this journey...

Press on dear sis-in-Christ!

Love,
-Bess-

3 comments:

  1. I wish Lara Landon (the music artist featured) had chosen a tee or blouse instead of the lower-necked tank top she wears in the music video. It's one of those that makes you sorta ask, "Hmmm...is that modest?" If you have to ask the question, then you're on dangerous territory, but I love her heart & her words in this song. Just a little disclaimer for ya! Wish she had chosen differently (top-wise), otherwise I love her outfit!

    Blessings,
    -Bess-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your heart.
    This is a God-thing. I went to my Dad's today (a God-thing in itself) & me & him watched The Passion of the Christ. When you said, "I know that You love me still & that Jesus' blood covers my sins...",it reminded me of how I watched Him in the process of doing just that in the movie. I love Him so much. I can't believe what He did, & as I drove home, I saw Him sitting next to me in the next seat. It's also like Him helping us carry our own cross isn't it? Wow. I love you & you will never be alone. Even when no human is by your side. For sure that it what I've been learning.
    May God Bless you dearly,
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! I so need this prayer, too. Thank you for reminding us all of God's calling and awesome promises. I can't wait till the day He takes me home and I see my Heavenly Daddy's face :)

    LOVE,
    Annie

    PS. I agree about the top, it's a great outfit otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)