Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Missing Compass

Trust


On this journey of your life do you ever feel as if you’ve lost your map & compass? More often than not I’ve found myself in this predicament. When plans don’t turn out, opportunities don’t come, & doors close & lock… I find myself turning round & round in a dense wooded forest of my “what ifs” & “whys,” uncertain of the direction & fearing taking the wrong path. It’s then, when it’s hardest to produce, that you must cling to trust. Somehow in my years I’ve mistaken “trust” with “everything’s good & working out smoothly.” But that’s not trust – trust is continuing to believe when nothing makes sense & the trail markers are long gone. Trust isn’t easy. Without it we can become frozen in our fears & anxieties & get nowhere, so afraid of misstepping, taking the wrong road, or failing that we end up doing so because we don’t move toward the possible blessing.

After deep prayer & stillness, sometimes you have to step out into the mysterious – not sure if it’s the right way or not - & trust. No matter what it will be okay with Jesus. It’s at these times that I look up through the canopy of trees & catch a glint of sunshine & whisper, “You’ve got the map, right?” As long as my Father has the map, & is the very cartographer {map maker} of my life, I can trust. It doesn’t mean easy & always “happy” trails are my lot, it just means keep moving - & asking every mile or even every step, “You’ve got the map, right Dad?” - & knowing He does.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart & lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, & He will make your paths straight."
-Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV

Love to Each & Every Traveler,
-Bess-
Trust
"Help Me Find It" by Sidewalk Prophets


A Glimpse Behind the Song


P.S.: I'm facing a job decision & I want to take the right path God has for me.  I'm working on trusting.  Please pray that I make the right choice as I step out on this unknown trail.  Love you, girls!

P.P.S.: If you've got a prayer request, leave me a comment {let me know if you want it published or unpublished}, & I'd be happy to pray for you & add it to the Prayer Line in the sidebar, sister!  We need each other on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)