Friday, February 1, 2013

Love Match DIY {Nest Feathering}


I first saw this idea on Pinterest & thought I'd love to recreate it myself!  I think it looks so charming hanging on the wall, not to mention it's perfect for Valentine's Day!  


All you need is a tennis racket & some embroidery floss.  I found my racket at a thrift store for less than $2 {I love that it's gold since that's a big color in my bedroom - note the gold bunting}! =) I used 4 different colors of embroidery floss to make the heart.  All you do is find the middle & center of the racket head & decide how tall you want your heart to be.  For the middle column of my heart I have 4 empty string slots at the bottom & 7 empty slots at the top.  Wrap the embroidery floss tightly over the slot column you want & secure with a knot in the back.  Each time you start a new heart column you move up a string slot.  I wrapped a ribbon around the handle of my racket mostly because the handle was a little rough & I couldn't get the price sticker off easily.  I was able to hang my racket with a single nail... just try out positioning/height before you place your nail in the wall.  

Love may mean a score of zero in tennis, but it sure rates high with me! =)

Love,
-Bess-

1 comment:

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)