Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Tip: Side-Saddle Braid

Okay, so I made up the name “Side-Saddle” braid, but I thought it was more imaginative than just mere old “side braid” (I’m acting like Anne Shirley, here =). Anyways, whatever you call it – this trend is BIG for spring. The tricks to this look are to create a sweeping side part in your hair, pull your hair to one shoulder, & create a loose braid securing at the end with an elastic hair band. For extra cuteness you might like to tie on a medium-to-long skinny scrap of fabric over your hair band. Voila, carefree crafty chic!

The sad (sort of) part of this post is that I can no longer recreate this trend myself! Yes, I had my locks chopped short. Thirteen inches gone in a few snips! Oh my goodness! But, you know what, I really like it! =) I needed a change – the ponytail police should have arrested me long ago! My hair feels so light! Ahh, spring hair! I have to admit I was somewhat nervous about the whole thing, but now I’m happy! And, what of my 13 inches? Donated to “Locks of Love” – which I love! =)

oval image: Alexander Wang backstage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)