Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bead! Mother's Day Bracelet Tips!

Argh! I totally forgot to post this yesterday! I was going to put it at the bottom of my crazy canister tutorial (which I'm glad so many of you liked, by the way). Anyways, better late than never I always say!

Mother's Day Bracelet

I created these simple yet chic little stretchy bracelets as table favors for my family's Sunday lunch...which happens to be a celebration of Mother's Day, my sister's birthday (the one closest in age to me - I have two sisters - (she is also a mom)), & a college graduation party for my brother-in-all! I'm sure it will prove to be one of the busiest days in the history of the world!

Anyways, I created these using a stretchy clear bead thread, pearl beads (2 sizes), & gold toned "Mom" beads (I don't know if it's visible in the pic, but it does say "Mom" on there. I got these on clearance at Michael's Craft Store).

Other Bead Ideas:
  • add a birthstone colored bead for each child's birthday month (see chart below)
  • tie a colorful bow on the bracelet
  • use personal charms (say if your mom likes to play piano, you could add a music note charm, etc. - Hobby Lobby is a great place to find lots & lots of charms)
  • use an initial letter bead or spell out a message using a whole bunch of letters
  • bead a necklace
  • make a pin (glue a pin back (craft stores) onto a creation)

Photo Source: http://www.beautifulwishes.com/product.php?productid=1556

3 comments:

  1. You have the most creative ideas for Mother's Day, dear friend. I love reading your tutorials. They are so fun and informative!

    Also, thank you SO much for the kind comment on my blog. Words cannot describe how happy I felt after reading the comment you posted on my "Desires" post. I pray that my blog has blessed others, as much as it has blessed you! I know that your blog has been a true blessing and encouragement to my heart! Thank you, Bess! :)

    Your Sister In Christ,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Your bracelets look like real pearls (or at least they could've fooled me :D ;).

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Perfect ideas, and great post, as always:) I love making stretchy bracelets!
    Have a good evening, dear friend!
    Sis's in Christ,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)