Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July!
The Pretty PatriotFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore


Above are some ideas to spruce up your Sunday church outfit & make it a little more red, white, & blue! How rare it is that July 4th is on Sunday this year! =)

Below are some ideas for an afternoon cook-out, local parade viewing, or an evening of sparkly fireworks. =)

Happy 4th 2010!Fashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore


I love the idea of independence. I think it’s a great word. Through Christ Jesus & His sacrifice on the cross we gain independence from all our sins…we gain this great unexplainable freedom – this ‘independence,’ but only when we place all our dependence on Christ. So, I’m independent, but only because I’m completely & totally dependent! Happy 4th of July to all my fellow American readers, & happy Dependence on God forever to all!

Love,
-Bess-

Remember to pray for our nation, leaders, & those serving our country & their families.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great parallel! I love it. So glad that you shared that Bess. Happy July 4th to you, friend!

    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Merry 4th of July to you, dearest Bess! Can you believe that it is all ready July!!! WOW!!! I hope this summer does not whiz by us too soon.
    Hope you are having a simply lovely day, dear sis!
    Love always,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying, for my country as well as yours! I totally agree, independence is so precious...only if we're completely dependent on Jesus :) May I ask, what's Independent Day about (I'm not American)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your kind comments, girls! Annie, Independence Day or most commonly just called the 4th of July (or July 4th=), is a holiday celebrating America's birthday & the day of the adoption of the Declaration of Independence (declaring our freedom from British rule), which happened on July 4, 1776. It's usually a day to get together with family, have a cookout (usually hamburgers, hot dogs, &/or barbeque), a picnic, go to a patriotic concert, watch the night sky explode with fireworks, & in general see a whole lot of red, white, & blue! If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? If you want to answer, just leave me a comment (it won't be published). I'm SO glad to have readers & Gal Pals from all over. I'm glad to have you as one of them! Welcome!
    Blessings & Love,
    -Bess-
    P.S.: Thanks for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)