Monday, July 19, 2010

When Your Heart Hurts: The Afterword

Hurt: The AfterwordFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



Here it is… Old Monday’s rolled in for all to see. I’m glad to be back here. You know, my circumstances haven’t really changed at all. Tears have still fallen & I’ve cried myself to sleep at least once since I came to you last, but... I’m working on hoping… hoping & trusting in my Lord. Even when my circumstances haven’t moved an inch & my dreams remain shattered & I fear to hope, I am. I’m doing the thing I’m afraid to do, but even more than that I’m changing what I can change. I’m changing the way I approach (react) to those uncontrollable circumstances that belong to me. I’m choosing to trust that God knows what He’s doing. It’s not an easy choice to make. This life is not an easy one, but somebody’s for us. That’s what gives me hope: that my Heavenly Daddy is for me. Lean upon Him when the wind erodes your soul. Call out & call out & call out, because He does hear & He does care. Put everything (worries, fears, decisions, the broken glass of shattered aspirations) in His hands, including yourself.

Love,
-Bess-

Dear Father,
Thank You for ‘showing up’ in my tearful nights & in my anxious days. I know You never left, now, & that You won’t leave, because I am Your child…& that means so much. I love You, & I put it all in Your hands, trust, & wait, because You are good & for me. Thank You for Your patience & please continue to let it fall softly on these worn shoulders. Forgive me, guide me, & let me do all that You would have me for Your glory, because without You I am nothing. Please be with all those stumbling through valleys, especially those who don’t truly know You. Help them to find You.
In Jesus’ precious Name,
Amen.



Here’s some sweet & true scripture from God’s Holy Word… (all NCV)

“Come to me, all of you who are tired & have heavy loads, & I will give you rest.” –Matthew 11:28

“Let us, then, feel very sure that we can come before God’s throne where there is grace. There we can receive mercy & grace to help us when we need it.” –Hebrews 4:16

“The LORD defends those who suffer; He defends them in times of trouble.” –Psalm 9:9

[Jesus speaking=] “I will be with you always, even until the end of this age.” –Matthew 28:20

“My God loves me, & He goes in front of me. He will help me defeat my enemies.” –Psalm 59:10

“Remember that I commanded you to be strong & brave. Don’t be afraid, because the LORD your God will be with you everywhere you go.” –Joshua 1:9

“He gives strength to those who are tired & more power to those who are weak.” –Isaiah 40:29

“Patience & encouragement come from God.” –Romans 15:5

“If you are beaten for doing wrong, there is no reason to praise you for being patient in your punishment. But if you suffer for doing good, & you are patient, then God is pleased.” -1 Peter 2:20

“I leave you peace; my peace I give you…So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” –John 14:27

“We must not become tired of doing good.” –Galatians 6:9

“I find rest in God; only He gives me hope.” –Psalm 62:5

“I said to myself, ‘Relax, because the LORD takes care of you.’” –Psalm 116:7

“I will be glad & rejoice in Your love, because You saw my suffering; You knew my troubles. You have not handed me over to my enemies but have set me in a safe place.” –Psalm 31:7-8

“You keep Your loving promise & lead the people You have saved. With Your strength You will guide them to Your holy place.” –Exodus 15:13

“With the loving mercy of our God, a new day from heaven will dawn upon us.” –Luke 1:78

“He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them with the same comfort God gives us.” -2 Corinthians 1:4

P.S.: I’m back dear sisters! =) Thank you all for your encouragement & prayers! I love ya lots!

3 comments:

  1. I finished listening to the song the second I read your last word.
    Bess, I love you so much! And I know God comforted me today and yesterday to comfort you. You are so precious in God's eyes. And to Him, you are His beautiful beloved.

    My friend, you are always in my prayers. I am so glad you're back!

    Love,
    Amber

    P.S. There's this book--Come Away My Beloved (by Francis J. Roberts) that I think you would love! They're love letter from Jesus. I think they have it at Chronicles Book Store. Anyway, if you can, check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bess: I feel like I should share this verse with you, I think it might help.
    "Wait on the Lord; be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart, wait, I say, on the Lord!" Psalm 27:14

    I'm struggeling with something right now too. I have someone that has hurt me very deeply, and I need God's help forgiving them. I would appreciate prayer for that. A verse God gave me has really helped me through the day I had to see that person here it is:
    "Pursue Peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord, looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness spring up, cause trouble, and by this many become defiled." Hebrews 12:14-15

    I'M PRAYING FOR YOU GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, dearest sister!!! I'm still praying for you, my dearest Bess!!!
    Love ya' dear friend! I have missed "talking" to you, your wonderful posts, and your encouraging comments as well.
    Hope you are having a lovely day full of those *wink* :)
    Love always,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)