Monday, September 14, 2015

Books That Move Me

Books that Move Me {Bess' Picks}

Holy Bible
Perhaps it's a cliche answer to some, but there is honestly no other book that has impacted my life more than this God-breathed Truth.  It has rocked my world & changed my heart & altered my eternity.  Romans especially speaks to me, by the way.

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Ann Voskamp's lyrical poem-words captured me.  Her beautifully deep & raw redemptive story moved me... often to searching my Bible feverishly, bending knees in bold prayer, & to healing tears.  This book has taken me on the quest to seek out the gifts - to have eyes to see them daily - & to record & count em up & give thanks, that sweet eucharisteo spoken of in the Gift-Giver's Holy Word.

Kisses from Katie by Katie Davis
The true story of this young woman's journey into the heart of Uganda & its people is nothing short of "becoming less, that He might become more."  Katie's unlikely entrance into missionary work & motherhood speaks of a girl chasing after her God's heart with all she has.  She truly is living out Matthew 16:25, "For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for Me will find it."  Katie's story makes me want to do so much more & find true life by being sold out for Jesus.

Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
This candid girl extraordinaire speaks to my heart with her bold transparency.  Running throughout the short stories of her life {which are shared in her book} is the thread of God's redemption & grace. Read more on my love for this book here.

Bookish Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: What books move you?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, these are all wonderful books!! I loved "One Thousand Gifts"! I wrote in my own journal for a year listing gifts from God. It changed my heart's attitude into one of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)