Monday, September 28, 2015

This Is Today

Super busy.  Super excited.  Nervous girl {me}, trying to play it cool.  And, by the grace of God, succeeding.  Today, I started a new job I am praising God for!  I mean, in my mind, I'm doing cartwheels & the high-pitched squeal of glee.  Outwardly, I'm smiling & cool as a cucumber {I hope & pray}.  

So, today was not a typical day.  It was special.  God has blessed me with a maternity leave position for the rest of 2015 teaching 4th grade science, social studies, & writing {my fave}!  And... it's in a good school!  Don't get me wrong, I have loved all of my past students, but I've never got to experience "normal" - I've only dealt with the bad parts of town where students come crying inwardly & outwardly, hiding pain & stories most would find hard to believe.  I am thankful God put me in those neighborhoods & hurting hearts.  I am thankful & say it was enough if He used me in one of those precious lives He gave me the privilege to cross.  And, now, I wait to see what He will do with me where He has put me this time around.  There is still much to be done to love on these kids with the more "normal" lives.  God grant me strength & may all the glory be Yours.

That was my day, moving furniture, observing classrooms, & getting ready for Wednesday when they will fill up my room.  I am so thankful & God is so good!

Love,
-Bess-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)