Sunday, September 7, 2014

Favorite Reads

Keeping the Castle by Patrice Kindl 
I don't think I can say it any better, so I'll quote you the inside of the book-jacket for this one: "A book as frothy & fizzy & light as a champagne cocktail - think I Capture the Castle meets Pride & Prejudice!"  A perfect description {though I am a teetotaler}.  Patrice Kindl is one of my favorite authors!

Beauty & the Beast: The Only One Who Didn't Run Away by Wendy Mass
I'm a sucker for well written fairy tale re-creations.  This one was it for me!

The Year We Were Famous by Carole Estby Dagg 
It's 1896 & an unlikely mother-daughter duo set out to cross the United States on foot.  The fear of losing the family farm paired with the promise of a hefty monetary reward if they make it in 7 months time spurs them on.  This adventurous novel is based on real happenings & the author is actually a descendant of the cross-country walkers, herself!  

More Bookish Links:

Bookish Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: What are some of your favorite books to recommend?  Leave a comment to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)