Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thrifting Files: Wise Old Owl Bank

I perchanced upon this little owl bank the other day at a local thrift shop.  Instantly I took the {slightly creepy} red-eyed fellow into my shopping cart.  He was only $1.99!

I hypothesized with a little elbow grease optometry I could greatly improve his condition {i.e.: I thought I could take a magic eraser to his eyes & scrub with all my might (it worked)}.  Here he is before...

& here he is after...
 I decided he needed a little something more, so I created this funny little tag for him to wear around his neck.

All in all, he's a welcome whimsical addition to my apartment.

Thrifting Love,
-Bess-

P.S.: Do you like to go second-hand hunting?  Have you found any sweet deals lately?  Leave a comment & let us in on it!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! Such a cute owl! =)

    I LOVE thrift shopping, but haven't had a chance to go lately. On the bright side, many people on my campus leave free stuff in a pile near my dorm. I've found a few neat treasures this month, including some high-quality art supplies.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks so much for stopping by Bess' Bag - I love these "little visits!" Feel free to leave your respectful insight here... =)